THE YEAR 4 CAMP, RUMBUG (BASED ON A TRUE STORY) DAY2

                                                    WAKING UP
Me and my friends had a hard time waking up today. I mean like, they barged in and the vice principle was: "WAKE UP YOU STUDENTS! YOU'RE LATE!" she screeched. "Yes miss." my friends and and I said, looking guilty, but we were just annoyed. We brushed our teeth, changed, went to the loo, and put on our 'still soggy shoes'. While I was brushing my teeth, I could hear knocking on the door. I opened the door, but nobody was there. "Woonie, you're still in you're PJ's! You can't go out like that!" screamed Holly. "No, I wasn't going out, I just heard a knock on the door."  I replied. "Euni, I don't think it's coming from the door..." said Biddy. I put my ear on the wall. I could hear our cabin neighbors screaming and jumping up and down. "Let's not worry about that now, we still have to change!" I said trying to change the subject.

                                                      ACTIVITIES


My friends and I rushed out the door while still tying our shoe laces. "Quick! They're just about to walk off!" Em screamed. I ran as fast as I could on my little legs. I just made it when they stood up. "What took you so long?" asked Frankie. "Woke up late." I answered, as I walked into the rain. "What are we doing today?" "Mud run, Tightrope and Flying fox." "Okay." We were doing Tightrope first today, and my partner, Zoe, got to do most of the activities beside the ones that go over the water. I was the only one that didn't fall into the water, so I was dry. 😄

We had the Mud Run next, which everyone was afraid of. Wish me good luck please! I stepped into a pile of gooey mud that stick to your shoes when you walk. Next was an obstacle course, which I nailed  (in my opinion). And now, the pit of mud. we all took turns going into the mud, and I might have screamed a little too loudly. The thing I hated about it though, was when you walk into the mud, there was a giant drop. I was afraid I was too short. One of my friends, also known as Zoe, decided to dive into a puddle of mud. Most of them did belly first, but not Zoe. She dived down and was not expecting to go face first. I admit, it was kinda funny, the look on her face.

We started to walk to our next activity, the Flying Fox. We went up a very steep hill, with only a muddy rope to help us. It was VERY slippery. When we got to the top, the teachers realized they made a mistake. IT WAS A DEAD END. I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!😞 We climbed back down, which is very tiring, and terrifying. On the last step I slid on my bum and went WEEEEEEEE! It was actually pretty fun. I guess the mud run wasn't that scary, but boy I definitely
got wet.

 We stopped hiking near a glistering lake and near a giant hills. I could see my best friend in the other group, already having so much fun, getting attached to the zip line and feeling the cold water as she dipped down. It looked like so much fun. Matt (the teacher) brought Zoe back to the cabins to get changed because her clothes were drenched and her face was covered in wet, muddy brown water. I waited for a while for her to come back. It seemed like forever. but she came back within half an hour or so. We continued hiking, and finally got to the top of the hill. Our constructor told us how to put on the gear. Once we got our gear, all we needed to do was walk down the hill, and climb a ladder to the top and go down. I was up first, I climbed the ladder feeling more nervous than ever.

I go up and he attached my gear to the zip line. "Wait so do I go now or..." I asked. "Would you like a push?" he said back. "Yes please." I said, faking my smile. I stood on a board that was going down. "Alright, ready for that push?" "Yeah." He stopped for a second. "Are you going to push m-" He pushed me off. "Bye Felicia!" "PUT YOUR LEGS OUR READY FOR LANDING!" cried Matt.   "WHAT?!" "YOUR FEET OUT!" He said even louder as  was getting closer to the ground. I quickly put my feet out. I landed safely. Phew.

While I was waiting, Noah spotted some sheep eating grass. There were other sheep too. BAAAAAAA! "I never knew sheep could be so... loud." Noah said. "Aww, look at those two sheep over there!" Zoe pointed to two sheep running towards each other. We all looked in awe. But the baby sheep ending drinking milk which was kinda awkward. "Zoe, you're up!" Matt said. "Hurry up! You don't want to be late and miss out, do you?" "Yes." Zoe said quietly walking faster than normal. Zoe was attached to the zip line and went down. "WHOOOOOOO!!!" she screamed. "PUT YOUR LEGS OUT! ZOE! ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?! ZOE!! FEET OUT!!" But Zoe couldn't here him because she was screaming too loudly. She stopped screaming when she got stuck in the middle.

After we finished the flying fox, we were all exhausted. But we still needed to walk in our we clothes a far distance. So I started a conversation. "What was your favorite activity today?" "I guess the flying fox was the best." said Fatimah. "The tightrope was much better." said Zoe. "I agree with Fatimah." Noah said. "You?" "I think all of the activities were great." I said. After talking for a while, our legs were really sore. "I think we should ask Curtis (Our teacher) if we're nearly back at our cabins." suggested Frankie. "Speaking of Curtis, where is he?" "CURTIS!!??" we all shouted. "Yes?" "Phew. I was getting worried." said Zoe. "LOOK! We're here!" I screamed. "I could literally cry right now." said Zoe, with her mouth slowly opening her mouth in awe.

"Hello?" Zoe said quietly. "Oh, I guess we're the first ones in our cabin." I said. I quickly took a shower, changed into my PJ's and neaten up my bed. KNOCK KNOCK. I opened the door. It was Biddy, Howy and Em. "OMG, today was the best day ever! I went canoeing and-and-and" Biddy was saying. "Whoa whoa whoa, slow down." I said, trying to calm her down. Once our cabin was complete, we were all so hyper, having up and down stories to tell. KNOCK KNOCK! "Come in." says Zoe. "BED NOW!" Jenny screeches. We all climbed into bed.

                                      1 HOUR LATER


RING RING! RING RING! RING RING! "What is that sound?" Holly complained. "It's my watch, I can't find it." CLICK! "Stop all this chatter NOW!" "Um, Jenny, I have to explain something to you." Once I explained, she out on a stern face. She turned on her phone flashlight. "I found it! Thanks." "To bed. NOW!" "Yes miss." COUGH COUGH! COUGH! "You okay Biddy?" "I need some water." She stood up and got some water out of her bag. "Bridget Mcphee! What are you doing out of bed?" "GET IN! NOW! How many times do I have to tell you?" She walked out with an angry face. "Uh oh." said Zoe. "What?" I said. "Blood nose. I need some tissues." She tip toed into the bathroom and got some toilet paper. CLICK! "GIRLS, You need to get to bed, it's past 9!" She screeched. "One more move, and you're sleeping with me. In my cabin. ALONE." she snickered. Ok, I need to go to sleep now. Good night!

Comments

Popular Posts