The year 4 camp, Rumbug (based on a true story) Day1

                                               THE PACKING
"Are you sure you've got everything packed?" asked Mum worried. "Yes Mum. We checked TWICE last night! Stop worrying." I replied. "Are you sure? Does your toothbrush have enough battery? Have you packed puffer jacket? Are you sure you don't want me pack-" I cut in. "I'm fine. Don't worry. Calm down." "Are you sure?" asked Mum for the 3rd time but felt like 3 MILLION!

The car was silent on the way, so I decided to speak up. "So what time are we supposed be there by?" I asked. "About 8:45am." answered Dad. "Well duh... of course its AM." I said as we arrived. I could see all my friends waiting at the gate for me. I jumped out of the car and took my bags out of the boot/trunk. Mum walked me to the gate and stayed there until the bus left. "Woonie chew, (my nickname. I also have lots of other ones. Euni, Euni chew, Woonie and Happy) can you be my bus buddy? All of our other friends already have bus buddies." asked my best friend, Biddy. "Of course!" I replied.
                         THE BUS RIDE

Everyone sadly waved to their parents therefore we were going to camp, camp Rumbug. I heard it was one of the MUDDIEST camps our whole school had ever gone on. "Buckle your seatbelts
everyone! We are leaving in 1min." shouted the bus driver. "This is probably gonna be the best bus ride because we're BFFs!" Biddy screamed.
                                                        
                          10 MINUTES LATER

"Oh my gosh, this is like the most boring bus ride I have ever been on." Biddy said trying to shuffle a deck of cards, but she couldn't because the bus kept on moving and stopping. "Spit?" I asked. "Sure. at least that's something we can do." Answered biddy. After one round, me and biddy started to get
some bus sickness, so we moved to the front of the bus. "How does that feel?" asked a parent helper. "Um better..." said me and biddy feeling like we were on a bus ride that wasn't a bus ride, it felt more like Mum flipping the pan for the pancakes we had for breaky this morning, and we were the pancake.

Finally, we stopped for a half time break. I opened my bag and scurried through it, and aggressively pulled my snack out. I gobbled my snack down as quick as I could. But since I was so hungry, I didn't realize the mess I made. When I finished eating my snack, I looked up and realized all my friends were staring at me. "What???" I questioned. "It's just... well... the way you were eating... was um..." said holly extremely softly, it sounded a bit like a mouse. "What? Just tell me. I won't get upset. Promise." and held my pinky out, waiting for one of their hands to come out and shake their pinky out with me, but nobody did. After everyone was done staring at me, we went off to the playground.
                       THE CABINS

After about 10 mins, Matt called back to the bus. Me and biddy took the front spot, just incase we felt like throwing up again. As soon as we arrived, we went to put our bags/luggage under shade. After talking about their expectations and describing how muddy this camp is, they pulled out a sheet to call out a cabins. "In cabin 1 is... 2... 3................... 36 is Bridget, holly, Zoe, Reet, Emily H, Sienna H, Abigail and... um...how do we read that name?" asked the announcer. Bridget walked to look at the sheet and saw my name. "Eunice." said Bridget. There was a GIANT SCREAM for the 4 of us who were me, Zoe, Holly and Bridget. We were so glad we were put together!

"Don't you think this feels like a hotel trip we put together?" I asked the group. "Definitely." replied biddy. We rolled our giant bags of the the oldest clothes we could find, up the veranda, turn right, walk forward then turn left and there we are! Cabin 36. "This better be a good cabin for 9 people..." Zoe mumbled. I opened the door, making a creaky sound. Then, the light automatically turned on and me and my friends took one good look. "Not that very exciting..." Holly said, looking disappointed. "I think this is a fine cabin, it gives us two bathrooms, a heater, 10 beds, one toilet and-" Emily cut in.
            THE NOT-SO-GOOD THINGS ABOUT 
                           THIS CABIN
"Guys! Look at the toilet paper!" "What is it em?" I rushed over to the bathroom, followed by all my friends. "Look how thin the toilet paper is!" Emily screamed. "It can't be that thin... or can it?" I questioned. "It obviously can! Take a closer look!" Shouted em. We all gasped. "Maybe this cabin isn't so good after all?" I said. After all of that toilet paper thing, we went out to the main base to hear the activities we were doing today and our activity groups. Today me and my group were doing canoeing and team challenge.

                        THE ACTIVITIES 
Team challenge wasn't as exciting as you think, its just trying to get things into this bucket, going through hoops that weren't really that high, and walking planks that apparently fall after 10 secs, but really, nothing really happened. After the boring team challenge, I was soaked, but we still had to do canoeing. We had to go on a really long hike, up the rocky hills. Finally, after half an hour of walking in soaking wet pants, wet hair and drenched shoes, we arrived at a lake. We didn't see anyone, so we waited, and waited, and waited, and waited, and waited until I had enough! "There is no point waiting here and doing nothing. Wasn't this whole camp supposed to be fun?!" I screamed irritated. "Exactly! What are we doing here getting tortured in the rain? POURING RAIN!?" Screamed zoe clenching her fists together as if she was getting ready for a fight. "When are we done?" we asked Noah's dad, the leader of our group. "Oh, we're about to start walking-" Zoe cut in. " Back to our cabin??" Zoe squealed. "No, to the other side of the lake!" said Noah's dad aggressively. To the other side of the lake? I thought. Me and Zoe's mouth was wide open. Then, we started walking to the other side of lake, and there, was already another group waiting for us to come so they could start. After talking about how to canoe and which ways to paddle I was put on a canoe with Fatimah and Zoe. The leader gave us a big push, as soon as we started paddling, our boat capsized! Feeling flabbergasted, I swam to shore and took lots of deep breaths. "Are you alright?" asked Wendy. "No, I don't feel alright at all!" I just wanted to go back to the cozy cabins where is was warm.
                                  BACK TO THE CABINS
When we arrived back at the cabins, biddy, holly, Abigail, sienna and Emily were already back at the cabin. I felt so sorry for biddy because she had to do the mud run today, in the wet, muddy rain. Poor thing. But I felt more sorry for myself because I didn't like today. I hope I get a good sleep.

 After I took a good warm shower, me and my friends started confessing about how messy today was. Me and my friends weren't happy at all. There was a knock on the door. "COME IN." me and friends called. It was the vice principle. "I can hear you from outside your door and, you should be in bed by now!" she screeched. "Yes." we all said softly. "Why does she have to come on camp?" Biddy complained. "I know right? Why?" I replied. "Get to bed now! Lights off!" screeched the vice principle again. We all scurried into bed. An hour later, Reet  went to sleep and started snoring her head off! None of us had barely any sleep except for Reet. Oh and btw the heater was malfunctioning. It was boiling. It was nearly like an oven! And... ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz To be continued on the next day...

Comments

Popular Posts