YEAR 4 CAMP RUMBUG (BASED ON A TRUE STORY) DAY 3

Hi. You know the morning routine, right? The vice principle screams at us... we have a crazy hairdo... yeah. Sorry I'm just really tired. Last night was definitely... the worst night. Jenny spoils all the fun. She says that she's getting you to sleep so that you can have a great time. But, I don't think I agree with that.

Today, my group and I are doing Aeroball and Archery. We head to weird looking trampolines with hoops and balls inside. What's happening? Wendy (the nicest teacher on earth, she gives us lollies in class) explains what we need to do. "You partner up with somebody, and when it's your turn, I will give you and your partner a ball each. Then, I will time on my phone exactly 2 minutes. You have to try shoot as many goals into the hoop while bouncing up and down. Understand?" she asks. "Understood." we all say. "First up Thomas and Jett." After 2 minutes, they scored a total of 9 goals. "Zoe and Eunice." To be honest, I'm actually not that good... we scored a total of 4 goals.☹️ After watching other people, we were versing in partners now. "Zoe and Eunice vs Thomas and Jett." Announces Wendy. " 3, 2, 1... GO!" Me and Zoe shoot as hard as we can, but we have no luck against the boys.

"THE WINNERS ARE... THOMAS AND JETT! With 13 goals against 5!" The boys go wild and the girls and just like... well... meh. "CLEO AND FRANKIE VS CURTIS AND CHLOE!" The girls put on their best game faces. The boys try even harder. "3, 2, 1... GO!" The girls start shooting with 2 goals to 1. The girls are winning! Cleo shoots in another 2. "THE GIRLS ARE MAKING A COMEBACK WITH 4 TO 2!" Screams Wendy. After 2 minutes of intentness, we here the scores. "THE WINNERS ARE... CLEO AND FRANKIE! With 7 goals against 3! PLEASE ADD UP YOUR POINTS!" All the girls huddle in together. "5 + 7 equals..." Frankie says. "12. Not to bad actually." I say. We all nod. We tell Wendy our scores. So do the boys. "THE GIRLS HAVE A TOTAL OF 12 GOALS!" announces Wendy. The boys put on a grin. "AND THE BOYS HAVE A TOTAL OF 16 GOALS!" My team and I look disappointed. But we hoped that we could win something in Archery.

We headed for Archery. We sat down for our instructor. He introduced himself. Then he told us there was a specific bow we needed to choose depending on you. "If you are left handed, please come take a seat here. If you are right handed, please come sit here. I sat in the right handed. Then he tapped three of our heads. 1 2 3, go grab a bow. I went to get a bow. "You get 3 practice chances. Then, you get 3 real shots. OH! And put this hand Armour thing on your right hand. Now stand side ways facing me, look at what you want to aim for and let go." He explains. "Okay. First practice shot. Face me, look at your aim, pull and... LET GO!" we all let go. Mine hits smack bam onto the ground. I try again. This time it hits the black on the board. ( The very outside of the board.)  I try one more time, trying a different technique: by putting the bow higher. This time, it hit the roof. "Not quite what I was looking for, but impressive." The instructor says to me. He gives me a friendly smile.

Once i shot my real shots, I went back to sit down. "Now, I'm going to introduce you to a game. It's the animal pizza game. This time you get 2 arrows. The first one you get is depending on what animal you are. The second one depends on what pizza you get to eat for your lunch. If you hit the black, you get a burnt pizza. If you get the yellow, you get a cheese pizza... bla bla bla..." that's about when I stopped listening. "Now, get your arrows." I went to get my arrows. My first shot hit the blue. That means I'm a chicken. I think. I pulled my second shot. It hit the black. Great. I get a burnt pizza. So, I'm a chicken that gets a burnt pizza. Great. I went back to Zoe. "What animal are you?" I asked. "I'm a cow." she laughs. "Cool. At least your not a chicken that gets a burnt pizza." I say. "Everybody please say thanks to you instructor." Says Wendy. "Thank you." We all say.

Once we got back we all rushed to pack bags because we knew if we didn't Jenny would start screaming at us again.



We rolled our bags to the bus and handed them our luggage. I sat on the bus and slept most of the time... z z z z z z. "Woonie! WOONIE!" "Hmmm... yes?" I say. "We're here. You might wanna... um wake up." I open my eyes. "Biddy?" "Yes and... YOU NEED TO WAKE UP!!!" "Ok, ok." I get out and see my Mum waving to me. I get my luggage out and walk to my mum. I hug her. "Mum! I have so much to tell you!" I say.                               

Comments

Popular Posts